Friday, August 30, 2013

More of this and that...

The old blogger has been down with a cold this week.  No zip, so I haven't done much.  Today, however, I feel a lot better... and the USB outlets arrived.  I couldn't let that pass by. So, I installed one. It turns out that the box I wanted to install the outlet in was not deep enough to accommodate the new outlet. Consequently, it was necessary to replace the box, which required taking the door off one of the closets to get to it.

Isn't it funny how a little project can turn into a major hassle? After a bit of effort and some concern about being in the cabover while the camper is off the truck, I managed to get the job done.  When I came in the house, I realized that I was wringing wet! It is hot in that garage!

Tomorrow, I will install the remaining two USB outlets.  They should be easier, because I know the boxes are deep enough, and one of them is near the floor, which means it will be cooler and more accessible.

I must confess that, even though I wasn't feeling very well, I installed the new TV/DVD combo that arrived on Wednesday. It was a 10 minute job, and I am very pleased with the result.  I can plug an FM repeater in the headphone jack and send the sound to our stereo system, giving us virtual surround sound.  Jill was impressed!

We have a post-Labor Day outing planned, so we will be able to try out all of our little tweaks to Topper. We are excited. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment