Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The blessings continue!

September 10, 2013, a day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our times, only "You Are There," (with apologies to Walter Cronkite). The sun rose with a few clouds to greet it. Then the clouds cleared away, although the wind that has been blowing steadily for the past six days continued unabated.
 
We had need of a few things aboard Topper, so we made a trip up to Walmart.  Jill decided it was time for her to try driving Silvie. She climbed into the driver's seat and said, "I can't do this. I can't see over the hood." Nevertheless, she wanted to try. Since the roads around Columbia Riverfront RV Park are very lightly traveled, it seemed to be a perfect opportunity. The bottom line is that she did fine. She drove us to Walmart, about three miles, and then proceeded to practice parking in several spots in the lot. By the time she was through, she said, "I can do this."                                                                  

We returned to the park and to Topper. One of the things that we purchased was a bicycle pump, so I could top off the air bags on Silvie's rear axle. With great anticipation, I unpacked the pump and went out to give it a try. It didn't work! The hose wouldn't stay attached to the valve stem.  I was pretty disappointed, but Jill fixed lunch, which lifted my spirits.

After lunch, I returned to Walmart and got a refund. I found another pump.  I bought it and went directly to the parking lot to try it out. Eureka!  It worked fine. I returned to Topper and my girls. 

We lounged about for a bit, and then we went for another walk along the river's edge. The dogs loved it, and so did we, although, I am feeling a bit cheated, since I found two baseball hats on the beach last year and have only found a few fishing tackle items this year.

When we returned, we decided it was time to put Topper on top of Silvie. Tomorrow, we are moving to another site in this park, where we will have a better view. It was a new world's record (or at least a new Tom and Jill record) for putting the camper in the truck. It only took us about 20 minutes!

So, now you are wondering about the ship pictures.  Well, the ships are what I come here for. Jill, on the other hand, always thought I was a little nuts for being so nuts about the ships.  But now, she is coming around. She is wanting to know about ship's lore and things nautical. There is hope for her yet. 





And yesterday, I sneaked behind the 42 footer next door and snapped this sunset. 

Please stay tuned for more reports from our new home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment