Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Good morning!


There's good news, and there's bad news. The bad news is that it's raining. The good news is that it's raining. Oregon has been suffering near drought conditions for nearly a year. The other good news is that we have found none of the rain coming in around the new skylight.

I awoke around 4 AM to the sound of rain pelting on Topper's metal roof. Immediately, of course, I began wondering if my recent repair would “hold water,” so to speak. Not wanting to disturb Jill, I lay there, trying to sleep, wanting to get up and see if there were any signs of leakage, not being able to sleep because of the sound of the rain pounding on the roof a couple of feet above my head. It was only after I did finally get up at 6 AM and put on my hearing aids that I realized how loud the rain really is on the metal roof!

We will wait and see how the weather pans out. If it continues to pour, we will go home. If it dries up a bit, I think we will stay another night. If we stay, it will be because we are able to get out and enjoy more of God's beautiful creation here at Champoeg. That would mean more photos. Stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment