Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Yesterday's photos.

Well, I was disappointed this morning to find no wi-fi service AT ALL, even though I paid for 24 hours of service.  Such is the life of a blogger.  On the other hand, I am learning to use the personal hot spot on my iPhone. I was able to download Jill's photos from our trip yesterday, and here they are:


 This is a church building in Cuervo, NM, no too far from Santa Rosa.
 

If you use your imagination, you will see that this is a windmill farm. It went on for miles and miles.

 Here's another building in Cuervo, which looked like a ghost town.

 We were taken with the contrast of red soil and green plants.

 Sometimes I wish I were a geologist, so I could understand the geologic history of things like this.

 More interesting geology.

 And some more ghost town buildings. It appears the economy in northeastern New Mexico has been hurting for some considerable time. We learned, for example, that the median annual income for Santa Rosa, as of 2014 was $25,000.


Now that I have a method of uploading photos from my phone to my Macbook, I am hopeful about posting photos of the RV museum later today. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment